Archers are characters with skills that provide them mobility and survivability along with the ability deal damage from afar.
Stats[edit | edit source]
- 20% damage Absorb (reduces damage taken)
Skills[edit | edit source]
Piercing Shot[edit | edit source]
- (instant cast) Fires an arrow at your target. Pierces their armor up to 5 times, increasing your next Piercing Shot damage by 18%.
- - 1 sec cooldown
- - 2 Mana Cost
Volley[edit | edit source]
- (instant cast) Shoot all enemies in a cone in front of you over a duration.
- - 6 sec. cooldown
- - While volley is active you can move, but you can't use other spells
Leeching Arrow[edit | edit source]
- (instant cast) Fires a glowing purple arrow at your enemy, dealing damage to the target and healing you at the same time. Reduces the target's health point regeneration rate and the effect of healing spells on them for a few seconds.
- - 13 sec cooldown
Sprint[edit | edit source]
- (instant cast) Sprint at a very high speed for a short moment.
- - 5 sec cooldown
Pros and cons[edit | edit source]
- Devastating sustained single target DPS, achieved by simply spamming your piercing shot at the enemy
- Can counter healing to some extent
- Sprint has low cooldown
- One of the better 1v1 classes, with its massive singletarget dps. It can easily take care of mages, and most other classes if played correctly.
- Archer's leech arrow is the sole ability that can make all natural regen and healing abilities next to useless. This prevent mages from healing inside their iceblock, Warriors taunt heal is reduced, and all of shamans heal abilities are also reduced. Take advantage of this and slaw down as much damage as you can, as it only lasts for a short period of time.
- All of Archer's spells are instant cast
- Doesn't have any crowd control (slow, stun etc.)
- Sprint is a good skill, but can be countered by slows (your sprint speed also decreases while slowed). This and not having a slow yourself, makes you not very good at running away
- The heal from your leaching arrow is small.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Archers are proud and haughty people that came from the forests in the South, known for their hunting abilities, and which are very agile and precise with their weapons. They were originally hired as assassins, to be able to take down a target and get away immediately. Archers are capable of shooting at extreme speeds without missing and wield various of different special arrows, which are unique only to the South. They are able to track prey and eliminate them within a few seconds through their precision and unique arrows.
They are also able to take down masses of people with their ability to shoot arrows rapidly, allowing them to be hired as monster hunters and taking down the many monsters that roam around the world.
The Vanguards have found Archers to be useful in eliminating targets from the Bloodlust and have hired many more however, it is said that the Bloodlust sent people to the South to recruit some Archers.
Map Lore[edit | edit source]
The greatest ever Archer (and very first) was Kestrel (who originally worked with the Bloodlust), used her most sacred arrow as a peace offering! She was once just one of the many Southern Archers, but she used her extremely powerful ability to her advantage: making allies in dire situations. Even though most Archers are said to be full of themselves, her and her descendants are modest and do not like to fight. However, with Kestrel's other ability to enchant her crater-creating arrows, she made the arrow of hers pierce the sky with thunder, lightning, and an earthquake! With the help of her friend, Mage Eagle (see Mage for more info), she created a lasting landmark on the Hordes.io world today.
She is said to stand alone on her mountain, awaiting for a descendant of hers to awaken her with a quick piercing shot, and tell her the war she wanted to end was finally over.
Farming/Grinding Strategies[edit | edit source]
Archers can quickly aggravate multiple monsters at once using the multi-hitter move: Volley. After that, the archer can either use others to aid itself, heal itself from constant attack with Leeching Arrow, or keep using Piercing Shot until Volley is usable again, archer runs out of mana, or the Monsters die. Leech on the monsters' health to heal yours (similar to Shaman ability 2 or the move "absorb" from other games), witch makes your time away from the spawn much longer.