Mages are characters that use long ranged skills that can deal high damage from afar with a few tools to reposition and protect themselves.
Stats[edit | edit source]
- 20% damage Absorb (reduces damage taken)
Skills[edit | edit source]
Ice Bolt[edit | edit source]
- (Instant cast) Fires a magic ice bolt at the enemy, dealing low damage to all enemies in a small area around the target and slowing them for a few seconds.
- - 1 second cooldown.
Frostcall[edit | edit source]
- (Timed cast) You call down a blizzard on an enemy's position, dealing damage over time in a large area around the target, slowing enemies in the area significantly.
- - 7 second cooldown.
- - 1 second casting time.
- - Channeled (Can be channeled up to 5 seconds, dealing damage each second).
Teleport[edit | edit source]
- (Instant cast) Teleports you forward in an instant.
- - 9 second cooldown.
Iceblock[edit | edit source]
- (Instant cast) Freezes you in an ice block, rendering you invincible for a few seconds and recovering a portion of your health each second. You cannot move forward, backward or sideways while the skill is active. However you can still turn left and right while frozen in Iceblock.
- - 17 second cooldown.
Pros and cons[edit | edit source]
- Can keep the enemy permanently slowed. Good chaser.
- Has 2 solid escape/defense skills, which make you good at escaping and avoiding sticky situations.
- Teleport can help you go off map, by teleporting over a non-walk-able steep slope.
- High damage, AOE and range with Frostcall.
- Your main damaging skill (Frostcall) is powerful, but awkward to use, since it is both channeled and has casting time.
- You need to rely on being at range/surprise attacks and having an escape plan to be effective if you are playing alone. You are not good at fighting 1 v 1. In a team fight you are more effective as you can rely on others taking the damage for you/deny attempts of the enemy to focus on you, while keeping the enemies slowed for your teammates and doing decent damage.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Mages are people with the ability to conjure nothing into something. They are able to enter a part of their brain which enables to them to use Magic, making them psychic, like a Shaman. Mages come from the Mountains towards the East where they were trained to use Magic to survive the cold and to use it to their advantage. They are able to travel past high terrains through the ability to teleport. Mages use their power using the five elements as their base. Advanced Mages are able to combine elements to make different things such as lightning (air, ice).
Mages seen today use mainly Ice as their base element as Magic first originated in the mountains. Most scrolls contain spells only on Ice magic. The other Elements are extremely rare to see (water, fire, plant, air).
The Vanguard has managed to use Mages as fighters through training them to concentrate their powers to a dense form resulting in ice shards.
Map Lore[edit | edit source]
As in ancient tales, the most skilled and first-ever recorded Mage was Mage Eagle, who worked with three other leaders to help The Vanguard and Bloodlust both. Mage Eagle is said to work with Ice Fungus powers, constantly renewing the Purplefield with Ice Fungus and his pride of Infected Boars.
Farming and Grinding Strategies[edit | edit source]
Mages are one of the three classes (besides Warrior and Archer) to utilize splash damage, or damage that can hit multiple foes at once. This, in combination with the similar splash ability of ice bolt allows Mages to easily gather "trains", or hordes of mobs. As a Mage, you can use ice bolt to gather and concentrate mobs, then teleport away and use frost call for the kill. In addition, if you are low on health, instead of teleporting away right away, you may instead use ice block as you take no damage. You may then subsequently teleport away and continue with the ice bolts or frost calls.
|This article is a stub. You can help Hordes.io Wiki by .|