Hordes.io alpha 19
Alpha 19 - 17.04.2017[edit | edit source]
We felt like the website could use an overhaul and needed some love. While we are at it, we will also add some sweet new features!
The back-end of Hordes has been improved. It's more dynamic now, so you can see related posts in the blog, and navigation around posts is easier. In the future, this will allow us to build more features around the game, such as clan management or item trading as well as the full login system.
Website additions[edit | edit source]
Front page[edit | edit source]
- Front page of Hordes.io redesigned. Responsive and cleaner!
- Added the ability to log in to your characters from the main page
Blog[edit | edit source]
- Added a Blog post overview
- Differentiation of blog post by different post types and icons, such as "Change" and "Update", "Hotfix", etc!
Ladder[edit | edit source]
- Added a Player ladder for level and fame rankings
- Added a Clan ladder for fame ranking, counting the total fame sum of all players in a clan
Game additions[edit | edit source]
Mage[edit | edit source]
We will be adding more visual effects to Hordes, and we're starting with the mage.
PRETTY SPELLS[edit | edit source]
Added a spell effect to the mage frostbolt
Tech[edit | edit source]
Performance[edit | edit source]
Minor performance fixes, nothing big to see here, but we hope that it helps players with weaker systems.
CLEAN-UP[edit | edit source]
- Removed some unnecessary stuff from the main page for faster loading
- Separated the main page loading process into two phases, so the initial login page shows faster for slow internet connections
- Cleaned up unnecessary materials for better rendering performance